We are pleased to announce the g.
ADAPTIVE MARTIAL ARTS ClassAges 9 to 14: For children with developmental delays and disabilities
A parent can be asked to participate with their child during the adaptive class, as they develop initial skills as a bridge to individual success. The class does not provide one on one instruction, but has peer role models that work with the kids in a group setting.
The focus of this program is to provide opportunities for children to socialize among their peers, and to improve overall development in a fun and supportive environment. Emphasis will be placed on:
- Individualized effort and progress
- Character Development by challenging each child within their own capabilities
- Karate Fundamentals: balance, coordination, blocking, kicking, punching
- Beginning self-defense techniques (techniques will be adapted based on child’s delay or disability)
The purpose and goal of this program is to provide a fun learning environment that fosters a child’s developmental well being, and promotes a sense of belonging to a community family.
- Physical movement through repetition of movement and
practicing of skills that encourages body awareness, integration of movements, coordination and focus.
- Socialization: fostering friendships and developing community support among families
- Physical fitness and Motor development
- Respect of one’s self and of others